The Princess and the Pirate

Adventure / Comedy (more)

02 March 2004

Older = Cooler?

Hmm, I just realized that I seem to have a thing for snarky, older guys. This came to me as I was watching Navy NCIS, in which Mark Harmon plays the grumpy head of the Naval Criminal Investigation Service and gets all the best lines. Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite characters--Col. Jack O'Neill on Stargate SG-1. I just love his one liners. When Jack gets going, Stargate rules. But for old and snarky, you just can't beat the best: Methos! Five thousand years of coolness. I always wondered if Adrian Paul resented the fact that one of the "guest stars" became more popular than the title character on Highlander. *shrug* Methos is just more interesting than Duncan Macleod. (Interesting tidbit: Navy NCIS was created by the same guy who created Airwolf--Donald P. Bellisaro. They even use the same logo at the end of the program.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home