The Princess and the Pirate

Adventure / Comedy (more)

15 September 2005

Theodor Geisel Cost Me Sleep

Kodomo no toki, the animated holiday special How the Grinch Stole Christmas enraptured me annually, even if I kinda liked the Grinch a little less when he mushed out at the end. But apparently one of his abilities barbed into my subconscious, deeply seated, waiting until last night to strike.

I had a dream in which rotund-yet-serpentine Santas would periodically slither out from behind a piece of furniture, gliding in S curves on their tummies across the floor and around a corner. And I would furrow my brow and point and ask others present, "There's another one; did you see that?" After several had slipped away, unobserved by all but myself, I finally spotted one heading directly toward me. I slumped to the floor, braced my foot on its shoulder, grasped its meaty arm, and stared down into the coal-black eyes of the Seussian Santa.

And that is how I awoke at 6:30am this morning. Thanks, Ted. Thanks ever so much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a scene from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Maybe Tim Burton should pay you money or something...

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home