The Princess and the Pirate

Adventure / Comedy (more)

04 May 2006

Would Smell As Sweat

I have a fondness for proper nouns that unintentionally form complete and ribald sentences when uttered aloud. My favorite has always been the esteemed adventure author of yore, Henry Rider Haggard. But today, that was rivaled when I looked up the UPS tracking for my currently-en-route Nintendo DS Lite, being imported from Hong Kong. The package's hop just prior to Louisville, KY, was a city called Chek Lap Kok.

I used to remember one other, which I no longer recall. If you happen to know any, please comment them to me.

By the bye, the DS Lite will be available in the US in mid-June, should you wish to purchase one. I wanted one sooner as the princess and I have a very, very long plane trip coming up in two weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ed H said...

"I used to remember one other, which I no longer recall."

Neil Bollicker?

5:10 PM  
Blogger James said...

That could be the name of which I was thinking. Alas, it turns out that the esteemed Mr. Bollicker is fictional, a construct of my brother's college days. For many years I believed in Neil, and the truth was disappointing.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home